Traffic Racer is another addictive iPhone game that I have been burning time on lately, but the in-game purchases are something I’ll never buy into – no pun intended. To get a leg up on the competition, I played around with some configuration files and found an easy way to hack the game for unlimited money, no jailbreak required, of course.
1) Some familiar tools are required, namely iFunBox or a similar iOS device explorer. With iFunBox open, navigate to:
Your Phone > User Applications > Traffic Racer > Library > Preferences
2) In that folder, locate the file named com.skgames.racer.plist and copy it to your PC.
3) Open up your favorite text editor, and find the following line: <key>_farrokh_allkeys_persistent</key>
Below this is another line that starts with <string> - add the following text inside the <string> tag:
The line should now look something like:
4) Under that long line, add the following bit of text:
5) Save the file and upload it back to your phone. Once you do, you should see something like this the next time you start Traffic Racer